September 24, 2013

Meet Our Energetic Toe Biter, Kangaroo Kung Fu Panda and Egyptian Goddess

This is a continuation of my posts in the 642 Topics Challenge originally started by Kristen from When in Doubt Keep Swimming. If you would like to be apart of this challenge click here! If you would like to see more of my posts from this challenge click here!
 
 
Topic Challenge  #56 Thoughts On Your Favourite Pet’s Personality


Your probably wondering what Energetic Toe Biters and Kangaroo Kung Fu Pandas are, well throw in an Egyptian Goddess and you have our pets. 

 First of all I have to admit that I have always been a cat person although we own both, 2 dogs and a cat. So instead of playing favourites I’ve decided to sway more to my favourite of each pet’s personality. Between the three of them, their personalities are so different to one another’s, I couldn’t compare them anyway.


 I guess I should start at the beginning with Mr.B we will call him. He is rather a spunky boy so I'll protect him from all the female pooches out there and keep his identity secret.
 

Mr.B was our first animal addition to the family, although if you get the kids on the right day you could probably put them in the same category. My partner has always been a dog person, so when trying to decide and agree on a breed, this was my bargaining token.
 


“It has to be a cute dog, like a really cute looking dog. So when it’s chewing my clothes off the line and pooping all over

my yard, his looks might save him”.
 
 
And save him they did, with the addition of purchasing a dryer. This gorgeous little puppy was a menace! He would chew the brick wall, rip down the clothes from the line (even the chilli covered ones) dig holes, and whinge through the fence when I went to work until one day he finally got his head stuck and the neighbour had to save him.  She didn’t mind however, spent the day with our sooky boy lapping it up snuggled at her feet.

 
2 years on, (how the time has flown!) our energetic toe biter has mellowed...big time. Mr.B is now what I call a sloth. He sleeps all day or at least until someone walks past the fence, and then he jumps up to create a sandstorm along the fence line. The only other time I see him energetic is when we are about to go for a walk. I think this would be my favourite part of Mr.B’s personality. I won’t even look at him, just walk around the house minding my own business and grab a pair of shoes. They could be any type of shoes from joggers to high heels I can’t walk in, and his antenna still goes up. Starts stalking me through each door…watching…waiting... then “Yes! She’s touched that thing she sticks in her ears… WALK!!! He’s ready and pouncing at the door. My partner is a lot more game than I am, allowing him to run and tow him on the skateboard. I would end up with no skin, but Mr.B loves it.

"If you don’t take him on the walk, he will jump up and down and give you his sad face."



Next to come home with us was Miss M. It was my birthday, and my partner and the children told me I could do whatever I wanted to... so off I went. Although we had talked about getting a kitten and I couldn’t help but be like “Oh My Gawd!" at almost every cat I seen, it wasn’t yet a definite as to whether I was allowed one. So I used my “You can do whatever you like” birthday token, told the husband and kids to get in the car and off to town we went.

I wasn’t really thinking about the gigantic dog this poor kitten had to come home to or how it would pan out, but hoped overtime they would get along, or at least Mr.B not eat her. There were a few moments where things came to a standstill, or got a little sticky with Mr.B giving her a big lick to see what she was, but they get along fine now. While He wants to hang out, she just wants to be outside.

I guess that’s why I like her, she’s totally me in a way, such similar personalities. She will love you when she wants to and is a total psycho 4 minutes later, not impressed that you stopped patting her or didn’t let her outside. She is an inside cat but has outside playtime with supervision, for my peace of

mind. Because of this, she has learnt to wait for that perfect moment we open the door, half step out and “Bam!” She bolts for it, every single time… She is curious, as most cats are, addicted to bouncy balls and does ninja air jumps trying to catch flies. What's not to love about that?

 
You know the Egyptian Cat Statues that stand all high and proud? Well that's how I see my Miss M, along with most cats. She thinks she is the Egyptian Goddess of our house, especially over the dogs always giving them "Bow Down To Me" glares. If looks could kill sometimes we would all be in trouble, yet other times she is so affectionate she will continue to head butt your hand until you pat her or accept her affection.

Speaking of women, we had been talking about getting Mr.B a girlfriend for a while but hadn’t quite found the right girl yet...That was until I seen this gorgeous puppy face staring at me from my Facebook page. “ZOMG! She’s so adorable!” Honestly I was too busy cooing over these puppies to think about what happens when you have 2 dogs or starting all over from puppy stage again. Double Poop, flies and the crying! It came back to me that night though…very fast!

 
We bought our gal home, and did our best to help her settle in. She was so adorable but even the double mattress, toys, attention and a boyfriend… didn’t make the next week any easier. It didn't occur to me at the time that Huskies howl, and she howled any and every second we weren’t right beside her. “OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHH!” Over and over, head to the sky and choosing to face the neighbour’s house, which promptly had me over there explaining that we hadn’t stolen a dingo or turned into werewolves. 
 

The howling eased off, and Miss S. went back to being herself. Normal, happy, playful, all go go and oh yes, did I mention hypo??? This girl reminds me of half a kangaroo and half Kung Fu Panda. She leaps on your lap, gets super hypo in the mornings and when she really wants to play she nibbles on Mr.B’s ear or skin roles until he gets the picture she’s not going to give up and plays.

You can’t help but get the mental image of an older lazy man with this young Chicky hanging off him driving him nuts for some attention when all he wants to do is sleep. It’s rather funny to watch as she has it all over him, and she doesn’t give up. “Sleeping…can’t move…sleeepi…ouch!” And there goes his ear.

Miss S. however is FINALLY starting to understand that the cat doesn’t want to play and will whoop her if she keeps stepping on her toes. Miss S. finds our cat very interesting and gets rather hypo when she comes outside. Miss M. (cat) on the other hand isn’t very appreciative of the bouncing kangaroo always coming near her and trying to taste her tail. We watch they don’t get too rough with each other, but it seems a few nibbles here and a few scratches there are doing well for their relationship. Tough love maybe?

 Such a life it would be, being a loved family pet. Eating Sleeping, Slothing when you like, knowing all you have to do is drag yourself up when your ready and you will get smooches. Each of our pets have such different personalities, it’s perfect and brings the best of all worlds to our house.


 If you would like to go Home click here! Or you could try clicking your heels 3 times whilst saying "There's no place like home".. Which ever gets you there faster.
 
 

2 comments :

  1. Thanks for sharing - your furry "kids" are so cute - love the picture with the little husky holding the big guy down :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you enjoyed the article, I have that many pictures I could have kept posting until next Christmas. I'm just glad that I am around to catch some of the more funny ones. Sorry about the late reply having troubles with notifications at the moment.

      Delete

Leave Your Love Here!

If you have a comment or suggestion please dont hesitate to leave it here!

I love knowing you have stopped by and have taken the time to let me know. This also makes it easier for me to pop by your blogger home!

Miss Kate x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...